bunkers

  • doug humphrey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      > _________________
      >
      > 1a. bunker rumor
      > Posted by: "David Krugler" kruglerd@... dchistorian
      > Date: Wed May 2, 2007 10:53 am ((PDT))

      I own a building with a hardened blast shelter in the basement.
      It was built by C&P Telephone but not as a CO building. The plans
      clearly show how the basement is set up. Except that when you
      look for it, it is not there. When we back-hoed the floor up to build
      bathrooms we held out hope that it would somehow be there, but
      it was not. No basement at all. Not a hint of one. We looked real
      well.

      Moral: things that are planned, even to the point of showing up
      on drawings, don't always get built. Sometimes people hear of
      the planning, or even see hints in documents or even see drawings,
      and jump to the conclusion that it must have been built, must be there.
      Especially if we are talking about things 20, 30, 50 years ago.

      doug