Re: [coldwarcomms] Nuclear reactor simulator, ca. 1955

  • Mike Cowen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      Here's one you can play with:
      http://www.ida.liu.se/~her/npp/demo.html

      There once was a realistic Chernobyl simulator
      available, but the company that made it no longer
      exists. As I recall, they were adamant it was
      not a game, but a precise scientific simulator,
      and priced it accordingly. Had they sold it for
      $30 to all the Homer Simpson wannabees, they might still be in business...

      Mike

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2007
        Here's a company which sells "industrial strength" reactor simulation software and other rad-related
        programs (including a "dirty bomb" simulator!). They have downloadable demo versions which are fully
        functional except for a 10 minute runtime limit.

        Main page:
        http://www.microsimtech.com/

        Reactor simulators:
        http://www.microsimtech.com/pctran/page2.htm