OT:Schematic/Manual

  • groups@barnesfest.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2006
      Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
      Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??

      I suppose it really is on-topic; the one I want to use was on our
      NAWAS drop for years.

      Thanks for the help.

      Back to lurking.

      Bill
      Kansas City, KS
    • s92187
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, groups@... wrote:

        > Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
        > Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??
        >
        > I suppose it really is on-topic; the one I want to use was on our
        > NAWAS drop for years.
        >
        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Back to lurking.
        >
        > Bill
        > Kansas City, KS

        There were schematic drawings in the SD-XXXXX or T-XXXXX series of
        drawings, if you can find out the exact drawing number, I probably
        have it. The number is usually stamped on the equipment somewhere.

        Terry
      • David Lesher
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006

          > Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
          > Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??
          >
          > I suppose it really is on-topic; the one I want to use was on our
          > NAWAS drop for years.

          I think the Station Specialities BSP had one.

          Failing that, the TIM-2 that ?AE? printed had a number of flavors
          of same, and seem to recall the oldest was a straight clone of
          the WECO.

          I used to have both books but I've not seen them in 10 years...

        • Bob Kulow
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
            >Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
            >Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??

            Yep, I do. Actually, I have the complete BSP on it. Give me a day
            or so and I'll make a pdf of it.

            73
            Bob WA2UEH
            Retired ATT-LL & BTL
          • Mike Magnus
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
              No need... there's a copy of BSP 463-220-100 on the 106-type loudspeaker sets here:

              http://www.stepoffice.com/scans/463-220-100.pdf

              -Mike

              > >Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
              > >Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??
              >
              > Yep, I do. Actually, I have the complete BSP on it. Give me a day
              > or so and I'll make a pdf of it.
              >
              > 73
              > Bob WA2UEH
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
                Thanks, gang. Just found a "Sept 1961" stamp on the innards. It was
                headed for the dumpster.....

                Bill
                Kansas City, KS

                Mike Magnus wrote:

                > No need... there's a copy of BSP 463-220-100 on the 106-type
                > loudspeaker sets here:
                >
                > http://www.stepoffice.com/scans/463-220-100.pdf
                > <http://www.stepoffice.com/scans/463-220-100.pdf>
                >
                > -Mike
                >

                > > >Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
                > > >Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??
                > >
                > > Yep, I do. Actually, I have the complete BSP on

              • blitz
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
                  Mike, interesting site you have there. Is there any index? Can I have
                  a look around?

                  At 10:52 11/1/2006, you wrote:
                  >No need... there's a copy of BSP 463-220-100 on the 106-type
                  >loudspeaker sets here:
                  >
                  >http://www.stepoffice.com/scans/463-220-100.pdf
                  >
                  >-Mike
                  >

                  > > >Anyone out there in Cold-War land have a schematic/manual for a
                  > > >Western Electric 106B Desktop Loudspeaker??
                  > >
                  > > Yep, I do. Actually, I have the complete BSP on it. Give me a day
                  > > or so and I'll make a pdf of it.
                  > >
                  > > 73
                  > > Bob WA2UEH
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Mike Magnus
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
                    Perhaps some day... if I ever get better organized. Right now there is no index and only a random handful of files lying around my
                    web space. Usually when someone asks for something I have in my PDF collection I upload it and provide a direct link. It may stay
                    there for hours, days or whatever, so what is out there is transient. Sorry...

                    -Mike

                    > Mike, interesting site you have there. Is there any index? Can I have
                    > a look around?
                    >
                    > At 10:52 11/1/2006, you wrote:
                    > >No need... there's a copy of BSP 463-220-100 on the 106-type
                    > >loudspeaker sets here:
                    > >
                    > >http://www.stepoffice.com/scans/463-220-100.pdf
                    > >
                    > >-Mike
                  • blitz
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                      Ok, well please keep me in mind. I got into commercial telephony at
                      the end of the analog cycle, and am interested in the historical
                      aspects of SxS as it was just a bit dated by then.
                      Marc