Re: [coldwarcomms] Confused

  • John Thompson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
      surveillance logs??? Darn men in black.. Logging what we do.

    • Michael Harpe
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
        This is a free service guys. It's the soup kitchen business model. You take
        what you're given and you will like it!

        Mike Harpe
      • Frank
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
          The email address that I have been using to receive Yahoo Group
          messages (and very little else) for seventeen months has never received
          a single spam.

          Frank

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, blitz <blitz@...> wrote:

          > Well, dont expect any privacy, and selling your email address to
          > spammers is always in fashion. Ive got a control email on one list,
          > and find it spammed as well, even though nothing's ever been sent to
          > the group from it, telling me its got to be them giving the address
          out.
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
            If yoiur mind is fogged by hyper-capitalism which is kind of wrecking
            the planet. . It is clear that yahoo does this because they get things
            out of it. They have created a social contract and there are obligations
            in both directions if push were ever come to shove legally. That's why
            all the agreements try to get one to sign away everything.

            Have Fun,
            Sends Steve

            Michael Harpe wrote:

            > This is a free service guys. It's the soup kitchen business model. You
            > take
            > what you're given and you will like it!
            >
            > Mike Harpe

          • Steve
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
              Well Sentinare which is run by a friend into some of the same civil
              rightse stuff as I am, provides my service gratis pretty much in
              recognition of all the stuff I and others do free. SO they have a
              filter system which is prettyh configurable. My open account on deeptht
              which has no protection gets a lot of SPAM. I should send it through a
              PROC* type filter or something but right now I am too busy with things
              to muck around writing scripts and doing lots of *nix hackery (in the
              old MIT PDP-10 days sense) although I would like to do so.

              I am moving back to the Watsonville area. Although I will be across the
              Pajaro River in Monterey County which makes everything a little weird.
              My address still says Watsonville and in fact the Post Office is right
              across the river in another county. Oh well I heard that the copunty
              boundaries in California were worked out in a legislative session way
              back when most everyone was drunk. Although a natural boundary is
              reasonable. It should be South of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks
              because thart would put Watsonville Junction and Watsonville in the same
              county. Hoping we will eventually get a train station and service there
              at some point in the future what with all the Global Warming and Post
              Carbon noises, some of the latter is hopeful thinking that higher oil
              prices will make people finally see the light on resource conservation.

              Have Fun,
              Sends Steve