Confused

  • bbowers311
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2006
      Is anyone else haveing a posting issue?
    • blitz
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
        Yahoo's been flaky this weekend, Im only now seeing Friday's posts,
        Its the end of a quarter, and they're collecting surveillance logs,
        multiple machines were swapped in and out, and dupes abound.
        Another typical day in the world of Yasploo...

        At 00:31 10/1/2006, you wrote:
        >Is anyone else haveing a posting issue?
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John Thompson
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
          surveillance logs??? Darn men in black.. Logging what we do.

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
            what rights do we sign away for the privilege of using yahoos
            messagegroups? I know one can opt out o their beacons per each
            browser. I gu8ess they might bwe trying to find what is most popular
            but it is always a pain when one does these machine switcheroos and they
            are the bane of system administration. Oh how I hated that.

            Have Fun,
            Sends Steve

            blitz wrote:

            > Yahoo's been flaky this weekend, Im only now seeing Friday's posts,
            > Its the end of a quarter, and they're collecting surveillance logs,
            > multiple machines were swapped in and out, and dupes abound.
            > Another typical day in the world of Yasploo...
            >
            > At 00:31 10/1/2006, you wrote:
            > >Is anyone else haveing a posting issue?
            > >

            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • blitz
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
              Well, dont expect any privacy, and selling your email address to
              spammers is always in fashion. Ive got a control email on one list,
              and find it spammed as well, even though nothing's ever been sent to
              the group from it, telling me its got to be them giving the address out.
              I moved some my groups to googlegroups because of harassment, and now
              we are even using PGP on some exclusively. (Keys are sent directly
              to/from users beforehand, and off list)
              The real solution, is to go back to discrete majordomo groups on
              private servers, and encrypt them, time consuming yes, but that's the ticket.

              At 20:24 10/1/2006, you wrote:
              >what rights do we sign away for the privilege of using yahoos
              >messagegroups? I know one can opt out o their beacons per each
              >browser. I gu8ess they might bwe trying to find what is most popular
              >but it is always a pain when one does these machine switcheroos and they
              >are the bane of system administration. Oh how I hated that.
              >
              >Have Fun,
              >Sends Steve
              >

              >blitz wrote:
              >
              > > Yahoo's been flaky this weekend, Im only now seeing Friday's posts,
              > > Its the end of a quarter, and they're collecting surveillance logs,
              > > multiple machines were swapped in and out, and dupes abound.
              > > Another typical day in the world of Yasploo...
              > >
              > > At 00:31 10/1/2006, you wrote:
              > > >Is anyone else haveing a posting issue?
              > > >

              > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Michael Harpe
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
                This is a free service guys. It's the soup kitchen business model. You take
                what you're given and you will like it!

                Mike Harpe
              • Frank
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
                  The email address that I have been using to receive Yahoo Group
                  messages (and very little else) for seventeen months has never received
                  a single spam.

                  Frank

                  --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, blitz <blitz@...> wrote:

                  > Well, dont expect any privacy, and selling your email address to
                  > spammers is always in fashion. Ive got a control email on one list,
                  > and find it spammed as well, even though nothing's ever been sent to
                  > the group from it, telling me its got to be them giving the address
                  out.
                • Steve
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
                    If yoiur mind is fogged by hyper-capitalism which is kind of wrecking
                    the planet. . It is clear that yahoo does this because they get things
                    out of it. They have created a social contract and there are obligations
                    in both directions if push were ever come to shove legally. That's why
                    all the agreements try to get one to sign away everything.

                    Have Fun,
                    Sends Steve

                    Michael Harpe wrote:

                    > This is a free service guys. It's the soup kitchen business model. You
                    > take
                    > what you're given and you will like it!
                    >
                    > Mike Harpe

                  • Steve
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
                      Well Sentinare which is run by a friend into some of the same civil
                      rightse stuff as I am, provides my service gratis pretty much in
                      recognition of all the stuff I and others do free. SO they have a
                      filter system which is prettyh configurable. My open account on deeptht
                      which has no protection gets a lot of SPAM. I should send it through a
                      PROC* type filter or something but right now I am too busy with things
                      to muck around writing scripts and doing lots of *nix hackery (in the
                      old MIT PDP-10 days sense) although I would like to do so.

                      I am moving back to the Watsonville area. Although I will be across the
                      Pajaro River in Monterey County which makes everything a little weird.
                      My address still says Watsonville and in fact the Post Office is right
                      across the river in another county. Oh well I heard that the copunty
                      boundaries in California were worked out in a legislative session way
                      back when most everyone was drunk. Although a natural boundary is
                      reasonable. It should be South of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks
                      because thart would put Watsonville Junction and Watsonville in the same
                      county. Hoping we will eventually get a train station and service there
                      at some point in the future what with all the Global Warming and Post
                      Carbon noises, some of the latter is hopeful thinking that higher oil
                      prices will make people finally see the light on resource conservation.

                      Have Fun,
                      Sends Steve