Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Missing Messages

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 22 2:23 PM
      I think it was all the stuff about Mt. Weather which isn't that secret.
      I would believe the more worried messages about things being quietly
      deleted if strange things did not seem to be happening to a lot of the
      yahoo groups I am subscribed to and ssome of them deal with no very
      secret or scary things. I know Yahoo can be a pain and alas the switch
      of many people who are starting groups of people discussing a particular
      subject from the free-wheeling, with all of its fame fests and SPAM,
      Usenet to Yahoo with its Moderator=dictator and its when push come to
      shove "your group exists at our good pleasure" might have not been the
      best one in the long run.

      Having been a system administrator who has had his share of "oh whoops"
      moments during a whole bunch of projects which I now call past lives I
      can understand what sort of happens. One copies what thinks is the
      number of the last message and one is off by 50 and whoops! I have done
      this when editing list of documents on a system. Luckily it was
      primarily used by myself and few others and I had an archive. So I was
      able to fix things. But even with only 10 people working on the thing
      besides me it was embarassing. If it had been something sensitive I am
      sure I would have been called to task for it. I know how easy it is to
      "accidemtally forget and I suppose some people do use that excuse but
      that's not nice. Again had it happened just here I would be very
      suspicious, but just here in yahooland well large systems....are hard to
      keep up and maintain.

      Have Fun,
      Sends Steve