REPOST: [coldwarcomms] Old Chester NJ Hardened Facility

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2006
      From: "John" <bigjohann99@...>
      To: <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:10 AM
      Subject: [coldwarcomms] Old Chester NJ Hardened Facility

      I used to drive past the Lucent/AT&T facility in Chester NJ. It was
      somewhat well known as the "Telephone Pole Farm" by the local kids.

      Right beside the "farm" was a hardened facility of some sort.
      Basically, it looked like a grass covered hill with a couple of blast
      proof doors coming out the side. It was in plain sight and on AT&T
      land, just off the Dover-Chester Pike. I always thought that that
      facility was more of a R&D/Infrastructure location, so why the bunker?

      I've never seen a reference to this site anywhere. Anyone know anything
      about it?

      -j