REPOST: [coldwarcomms] Western Union Bomb Alarm System

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2006
      From: "taskforceleader" <mcfoster@...>
      To: <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:45 PM
      Subject: [coldwarcomms] Western Union Bomb Alarm System

      This seems to be a fairly elusive system. Historically is seems
      significant as JFK called for it in one of his speeches and the the
      DoD considered it a top priority in 1959. I believe the
      Telecommunications Service Priority regulations still refer to it, yet
      I have never seen a map of the system or photo of any of the
      components.

      Recently on a Google search I noticed the Western Union Alumni web
      site lists a technician, Chuck Jones, that worked in the "Bomb Alarm
      Room" in Indianapolis and Omaha. See:
      http://www.westernunionalumni.com/names.htm
      Does anyone know Chuck or for that matter anyone that worked on the
      system? Ditto on maps or photos.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2006

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2006
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2006