TSP

  • Bill Luebkemann
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
      I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our STL link.
      I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of the EAS
      (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems Priority,
      TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher priority
      for repair in the event of a failure.

      I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem to interested
      in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?

      Thanks,

      Bill Luebkemann
      Marlton, NJ
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
          I put in a few "TSP" T1/T3 circuits working for UUNet a few years ago,
          and every one that was flagged TSP was for FBI or FEMA. From my
          experience the only way to be designated TSP was from the install date
          on. Never saw any on the list that were existing circuits, but then I
          was part of an install-only shop. Maybe someone with a maint
          background could shed more light.

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Luebkemann" <bill@...> wrote:

          > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
          STL link.
          > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
          the EAS
          > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications
          Systems Priority,
          > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a
          higher priority
          > for repair in the event of a failure.
          >
          > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
          to interested
          > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go
          about it?

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Bill Luebkemann
          > Marlton, NJ

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
            I'll forward a copy of your message to a friend who works at a San
            Francisco radio station and does the Emergency broadcast stuff there and
            at another public access station.

            Have Fun,
            Sends Steve

            Bill Luebkemann wrote:

            > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
            > STL link.
            > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
            > the EAS
            > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems
            > Priority,
            > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher
            > priority
            > for repair in the event of a failure.
            >
            > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
            > to interested
            > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Bill Luebkemann
            > Marlton, NJ

          • Bill Luebkemann
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
              Steve,

              Thanks!

              Bill L.

              Bill Luebkemann wrote:

              > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
              > STL link.
              > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
              > the EAS
              > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems
              > Priority,
              > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher
              > priority
              > for repair in the event of a failure.
              >
              > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
              > to interested
              > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Bill Luebkemann
              > Marlton, NJ

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • blitz
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                Check with the FCC or your states public service commission. Someone
                there should know.

                At 16:31 9/20/2006, you wrote:

                >I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our STL link.
                >I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of the EAS
                >(as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications
                >Systems Priority,
                >TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a
                >higher priority
                >for repair in the event of a failure.
                >
                >I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                >to interested
                >in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
                >
                >Thanks,
                >
                >Bill Luebkemann
                >Marlton, NJ
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • blitz
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                  Best way to get prompt repairs, is to call every hour, on the hour,
                  and escalate as soon as possible. When I worked at MCI, the last
                  thing the bosses wanted was a level 3 escalation, cause it had to be
                  a formal report. Mileage may vary. I had a line from Canada into the
                  states that carried broadcast programming, and I found Bell Canada
                  VERY competent, but the local carrier, who used Versleazon's lines
                  was as thick as a brick.