REPOST: [coldwarcomms] Incinolet toilet experiences?

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
      From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <dmcintyre@...>
      To: <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 9:13 AM
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Incinolet toilet experiences?

      > Albert LaFrance wrote:
      > > A visitor to my Long Lines web site is thinking about buying an Incinolet electric toilet, and
      would
      > > like to hear the experiences of anyone who has installed, maintained or used one. If you have
      any
      > > comments you'd like to share, please let me know and I'll pass them along.
      > >

      > It works great. Except for when some clown doesn't insert the liner before use :)
      >
      > Dexter

    • Bill Luebkemann
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
        I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our STL link.
        I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of the EAS
        (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems Priority,
        TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher priority
        for repair in the event of a failure.

        I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem to interested
        in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?

        Thanks,

        Bill Luebkemann
        Marlton, NJ
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
            I put in a few "TSP" T1/T3 circuits working for UUNet a few years ago,
            and every one that was flagged TSP was for FBI or FEMA. From my
            experience the only way to be designated TSP was from the install date
            on. Never saw any on the list that were existing circuits, but then I
            was part of an install-only shop. Maybe someone with a maint
            background could shed more light.

            --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Luebkemann" <bill@...> wrote:

            > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
            STL link.
            > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
            the EAS
            > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications
            Systems Priority,
            > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a
            higher priority
            > for repair in the event of a failure.
            >
            > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
            to interested
            > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go
            about it?

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Bill Luebkemann
            > Marlton, NJ

          • Steve
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
              I'll forward a copy of your message to a friend who works at a San
              Francisco radio station and does the Emergency broadcast stuff there and
              at another public access station.

              Have Fun,
              Sends Steve

              Bill Luebkemann wrote:

              > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
              > STL link.
              > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
              > the EAS
              > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems
              > Priority,
              > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher
              > priority
              > for repair in the event of a failure.
              >
              > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
              > to interested
              > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Bill Luebkemann
              > Marlton, NJ

            • Bill Luebkemann
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                Steve,

                Thanks!

                Bill L.

                Bill Luebkemann wrote:

                > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
                > STL link.
                > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
                > the EAS
                > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems
                > Priority,
                > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher
                > priority
                > for repair in the event of a failure.
                >
                > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                > to interested
                > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Bill Luebkemann
                > Marlton, NJ

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • blitz
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                  Check with the FCC or your states public service commission. Someone
                  there should know.

                  At 16:31 9/20/2006, you wrote:

                  >I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our STL link.
                  >I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of the EAS
                  >(as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications
                  >Systems Priority,
                  >TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a
                  >higher priority
                  >for repair in the event of a failure.
                  >
                  >I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                  >to interested
                  >in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
                  >
                  >Thanks,
                  >
                  >Bill Luebkemann
                  >Marlton, NJ
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • blitz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                    Best way to get prompt repairs, is to call every hour, on the hour,
                    and escalate as soon as possible. When I worked at MCI, the last
                    thing the bosses wanted was a level 3 escalation, cause it had to be
                    a formal report. Mileage may vary. I had a line from Canada into the
                    states that carried broadcast programming, and I found Bell Canada
                    VERY competent, but the local carrier, who used Versleazon's lines
                    was as thick as a brick.