REPOST: [coldwarcomms] Incinolet toilet experiences?

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
      From: "blitz" <blitz@...>
      To: <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 5:42 AM
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Incinolet toilet experiences?

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
              I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our STL link.
              I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of the EAS
              (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems Priority,
              TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher priority
              for repair in the event of a failure.

              I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem to interested
              in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?

              Thanks,

              Bill Luebkemann
              Marlton, NJ
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 20, 2006
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                  I put in a few "TSP" T1/T3 circuits working for UUNet a few years ago,
                  and every one that was flagged TSP was for FBI or FEMA. From my
                  experience the only way to be designated TSP was from the install date
                  on. Never saw any on the list that were existing circuits, but then I
                  was part of an install-only shop. Maybe someone with a maint
                  background could shed more light.

                  --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Luebkemann" <bill@...> wrote:

                  > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
                  STL link.
                  > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
                  the EAS
                  > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications
                  Systems Priority,
                  > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a
                  higher priority
                  > for repair in the event of a failure.
                  >
                  > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                  to interested
                  > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go
                  about it?

                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Bill Luebkemann
                  > Marlton, NJ

                • Steve
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                    I'll forward a copy of your message to a friend who works at a San
                    Francisco radio station and does the Emergency broadcast stuff there and
                    at another public access station.

                    Have Fun,
                    Sends Steve

                    Bill Luebkemann wrote:

                    > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
                    > STL link.
                    > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
                    > the EAS
                    > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems
                    > Priority,
                    > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher
                    > priority
                    > for repair in the event of a failure.
                    >
                    > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                    > to interested
                    > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Bill Luebkemann
                    > Marlton, NJ

                  • Bill Luebkemann
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                      Steve,

                      Thanks!

                      Bill L.

                      Bill Luebkemann wrote:

                      > I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our
                      > STL link.
                      > I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of
                      > the EAS
                      > (as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications Systems
                      > Priority,
                      > TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a higher
                      > priority
                      > for repair in the event of a failure.
                      >
                      > I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                      > to interested
                      > in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Bill Luebkemann
                      > Marlton, NJ

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • blitz
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                        Check with the FCC or your states public service commission. Someone
                        there should know.

                        At 16:31 9/20/2006, you wrote:

                        >I run a full-power FM broadcast station and we use a T-1 line as our STL link.
                        >I was told by another broadcaster that, since our station is part of the EAS
                        >(as are all stations), we could qualify for Telecommunications
                        >Systems Priority,
                        >TSP. This is some kind of a way to get your circuit placed at a
                        >higher priority
                        >for repair in the event of a failure.
                        >
                        >I went to the TSP web site and tried so sign-up, but they don't seem
                        >to interested
                        >in helping me. Does anyone know anything about this or how to go about it?
                        >
                        >Thanks,
                        >
                        >Bill Luebkemann
                        >Marlton, NJ
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • blitz
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 21, 2006
                          Best way to get prompt repairs, is to call every hour, on the hour,
                          and escalate as soon as possible. When I worked at MCI, the last
                          thing the bosses wanted was a level 3 escalation, cause it had to be
                          a formal report. Mileage may vary. I had a line from Canada into the
                          states that carried broadcast programming, and I found Bell Canada
                          VERY competent, but the local carrier, who used Versleazon's lines
                          was as thick as a brick.