Re: [coldwarcomms] Former AT&T Microwave towers put to use as

  • blitz
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
      Music sites were verboten, we used Realaudio internally, and couldn't
      download it, OR the players. Winblows video was not used though we
      were stuck being a windows operation. I trans-coded many a file both
      ways to fit the computer.
      Even then, the crap Dell servers, with all the "designed to be
      secure" DMZ, filtering etc. prevented any reasonable speeds. I
      managed video teleconferencing, and had 6 slots of a T1 for the
      conferences, most days we needed half an hour to get thru Drainsville
      and into ATT master control. The system was designed when a T1 was fast. cof..
      In trying to find out why the connectivity issues, I found I never
      put any appreciable load on the T-span, it was all downstream. ATT
      would just stick their head in the sand whenever I questioned them.