Re: OT: Electrical history discussion forums?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2006
      I'm glad you mentioned insulators, because I forgot to add that I have found one e-mail list where
      electric-power history is sometimes discussed. It's the Vintage Insulators group on Yahoo (
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_insulators/ ). Despite the name, the postings encompass the
      range of topics we're interested in.

      The disadvantage of the group is that it's small - just 19 members - and some of those are
      interested exclusively in insulators. That's why I'm still hoping we'll find a larger, established
      group focused on power-system history. I'm not considering starting a new group, because that often
      fragments an already-small community, and because Yahoo Groups' poor search capability makes it
      difficult for prospective members to find groups related to their interests.

      So, I'd like to invite you and anyone else interested in the topic to join the Vintage Insulators
      group and discuss our interests, though I'll continue to look for other forums.