Re: SIGINT collection at the Soviet embassy?

  • lasertower
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Albert LaFrance" <lafrance@...>
      wrote:

      > Here are a couple of images of the 1980s-era "new" Soviet (now
      Russian Federation) chancery building
      > on Wisconsin Ave., NW in Washington DC:
      >
      > http://www.mosnews.com/files/12478/russembassyusa.jpg
      > http://www.russianembassy.org/

      Looking at the above shots, I would'nt go for the corners, too easy
      to "see" a antenna through the windows with a laser scanner or other
      camera. My bet would be the white sections in between the corners
      that wrap all the way around from the building roof level to form a
      enclosure, and they have open sides to the inside in some parts, and
      clearly cover a lot of equipment such as heat exchangers etc., ie
      look at the above shot with the diplomatic sat dish, they are hollow.
      there are four of them and thus if made of say fiberglass, RF would
      go right through. I agree they look like a add-on or afterthought.

      Steve Roberts