Omaha Nebraska Homeland Security Funds

  • goldsmithtim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2006
      This is an interesting blurb from the Reliable Source Column in the
      Washington Post today. Karl Rove and Madeleine Albright had jury duty
      together....

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
      dyn/content/article/2006/07/24/AR2006072401256.html

      "The Bush strategist was in a lightweight olive-green suit, cell glued
      to ear, and looked like he had lost weight. He was heard telling
      Albright that Omaha (which just won a surprising chunk of anti-terror
      funds) is a target because all the phone lines cross there."

      I don't know if that was much of a secret before, but it definitely
      isn't now!

      Tim
    • Denny B
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2006
        --- goldsmithtim <tim.goldsmith@...> wrote:

        > This is an interesting blurb from the Reliable
        > Source Column in the
        > Washington Post today. Karl Rove and Madeleine
        > Albright had jury duty
        > together....

        Wow, those two together? Hope she gave him a good
        scolding.

        Speaking of Omaha.. is the old SAC (now Stratcom) HF
        radio site still there. (Elkhorn?).

        Denny Beringer
        Chicago,IL
      • William L Myers
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26, 2006
          Omaha is also Union Pacific Railroad's dispatching center.
          ~Billy Myers,
          Conductor-CORP RR