Re: A few notes of interest

  • Mark Foster
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 1999
      >2. Found some info on SCAN (switched circuit automatic network), the
      >U.S. Army's predecessor to AUTOVON. According to a brief article in Bell
      >Labs Record, this network was composed of 4 four-wire #5 crossbar
      >switches. Those switches were located at:
      > - Santa Rosa, CA
      > - Hillsboro, MO
      > - Rockdale, GA
      > - Frederick, MD

      What was the Month and Year of the Article?

      >I also have on the site, at
      >http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/telco/autovon_keypad.jpg , a pic of an AUTOVON
      >touch-tone pad. Note the four precedence buttons (known as A, B, C, and
      >D to us hams) and that the * and # buttons are labeled differently.

      Flash Override
      Flash
      Interrupt
      Priority

      I forgot the names for the Star and "A"

      If anyone has used an AUTOVON system, does the AUTOVON Interrupt drop the
      other party and connect you to your dialed number or does it conference all
      three parties?

      FYI: I am looking for a AUTOVON 1A2 5 button set. I run a 1A2 key system
      in my house/office and would like to have one on my desk. I have several
      military AUTOVON single line phones to trade.