Re: [coldwarcomms] Andover Earth Station "Annex"

  • james kester
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
      Call the IEEE. They know everything. And some....
      Are the cables the same kind as those connected to Machias, Me?
      And thus connected to Cutler?

      long-lines@... wrote: Sorry for the cross posting ... I am looking for any info regarding
      facilities outside the main compound at Andover Earth Station;
      specifically the facility that was built more or less directly behind the
      visitors center.

      Done any know dates of construction, operation, purpose, etc.? I
      have cable samples from a while back of the cables that connected
      to the main compound.

      Thanks

      Military computer Military cases Military cases Military fastener Military lending Military jewelry

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2006
        On 12 Jun 2006 at 4:15, james kester wrote:

        > Are the cables the same kind as those connected to Machias, Me?
        > And thus connected to Cutler?

        ? Please elaborate.

        There was a "toll office" at Machias. The ckts were wire pair carrier
        (atleast in later years), probably N?.

        C.
      • james kester
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2006