Pages back up, map experiment

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 1999
      Compuserve's server is back up, so my web page with the Mt. Pony and DUCC
      documents is once again available at
      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alafrance .

      Based on Matthew's excellent work in creating and editing TIGER GIF maps to
      display microwave networks in web documents, I've been experimenting with
      HTML client-side image maps to produce "clickable" maps of the AT&T
      microwave network in the DC area. I was thinking that others on this list
      might find the technique useful for their own maps of facilities, comms
      circuits, etc.

      I'm brand-new to web design, so maybe this is old news to most of you, but
      if I can be of any assistance please let me know.

      For the AT&T map, my initial goal is to have a page for each station. The
      page will have pictures, descriptions, and a map. The map would be
      centered on the station and show all of the stations with which it
      communicates. Clicking on any of these stations will bring up the page for
      that station, so the viewer can "surf" along any path.

      There's a "mock-up" located at the bottom of my page. It's just for
      testing; all of the links go to the same station (Aldie, VA) for now.

      ...Albert