Bell Canada, Northern Electric/Telecom, Bell Northern Research (was Re: The "new" Bell Laboratories?)

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 22, 2006
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
      <dmcintyre@...> wrote:

      > ve7ffp wrote:
      > > WHen I first came to the Dewline in 1975, We had Lenkurt Mux
      > > equipment this, I believe, was another of the Bell companies. When
      > > The Dewline was up-graded to become the North Warning, The Satcom
      > > equitment was from Microtel which was spawned from Lenkurt. Does
      > > anyone know how they all fit together?
      > >

      > Lenkurt MUX was also used at many of the Nightwatch and Looking
      Glass
      > GEPs during the 70s. Most of the circuitry was modularized in
      > hermetically sealed metal enclosures with gold contact pins. The
      > equipment would probably even work under water!
      >
      > Dex

      As posted some time ago, the link from Waldorf to the Nightwatch A/C
      at Andrews AFB was Lenkurt MUX on Lenkurt MW; and i believe was
      established in the early 1960's.
    • kb9yku
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2006
        i used to own a Lenkurt inveter 200 watt or so 24/47 volt gramen transistors
        dezined befor before silicon 2 25 volt cd inputs for 24/48
        ken
        kn9yku