ASA Wolf Run Research Station, George Washington National Forest, VA

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2006
      I mentioned this several years ago, but since our list membership has greatly increased, it may be
      worth bringing up again:

      U.S. Army Corps of Engineers DERP-FUDS Inventory Project Report C03VA016700 discusses a
      defense-related installation called the Wolf Run Research Station, operated by the Army Security
      Agency between 1968 and 1974 and situated on 106 acres in Augusta and Rockingham Counties, Virginia,
      within the George Washington National Forest.

      The site location is given as "...on the Wolf Run approximately six miles from West Virginia and
      about 2/3 of a mile south of Virginia State Route 924."

      The report contains no information about what the site was used for, and notes that USDA foresters
      stated no evidence of the ASA activity remained.

      Does anyone have any information, clues or guesses about the Wolf Run facility?