29257Re: [coldwarcomms] RE: Comsat History

  • couryhousesmecc
    Dec 18, 2013
      If  you want to  write up captions  for the photos  and a story  to go  with it... I  can  create  a section  on the  www.smecc.org  step  from you to have them,.

      yea... end of  an  era..  lots of the hughes   folk we  buying comsat stock at  first  issue  my  parents  bout  me  10 shares. I watched   syncom  being built ;

      ed sharpe archivist for smecc  www.smecc.org

      In a message dated 12/18/2013 10:10:58 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim, cappy755@... writes:

      I took a bunch of photographs of the several of the INTELSAT satellite dishes as they were being disassembled at the former  COMSATproperty in Clarksburg, MD.  All of the satellite dishes have now been removed from the COMSAT property.  Let me know if there is anyone interested and I'll be happy to post them.  Although I didn't work for COMSAT or INTELSAT, it is sad to see the final closure of any Satellite Comms work at the former R&D facility.  Kinda like losing a family member

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic