29090Re: [coldwarcomms] RE: RE: RE: Oklahoma City-Stroud-Tulsa K-Carrier Route

  • Fred
    Nov 29, 2013
      The K cxr terminal was located on the south west corner 3rd floor at 2651 olive, also the L1 terminals  for the Memphis and Chicago. The building was added onto  to house the 4A toll switch. The Toll operators were located in the Locust building. The bridge you are reference, was between the 4th floor Locust and 3rd floor 2651 Olive. The C cxr terminals were located on the 4th floor Locust
      Fred Wall

      On 11/26/2013 11:45 PM, cpe122@... wrote:

      I updated and/or replaced all of the TBDs.  Still missing a couple, i.e. Martin City and Blue Springs; and still don't have real firm locations for Kansas City and St. Louis (Olive St. appears to be too new, but the one behind it with the bridges to Olive St. could be right).

      /cpe

      http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/20131126211828-02027-map.html

      ---In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <rjfrank1@...> wrote:

      The 1979 AT&T System Map was uploaded by a list member some time ago into the Files>Routes and Site Maps section of the list.  Even though the map resolution is rather poor, I refer to it frequently for researching the microwave routes in service at that time. Having in-service cable routes circa 1979 detailed on the map, including K and L, is a bonus.

      Here are the site names as they appear on the 1979 System map:

      Tulsa

      Catoosa

      Claremore

      Chelsea

      Vinita

      Vinita K

      Narcissa

      Quapaw

      Joplin

      Asbury

      Arma

      Fort Scott

      Hammond

      Pleasanton

      La Cygne

      Louisburg

      Martin City

      Kansas City

      Blue Springs

      Odessa

      Aullville

      Sweet Springs

      Blackwater

      Booneville

      Rocheport

      Columbia

      Kingdom City

      Mineola

      Jonesburg

      Wright City Main

      O' Fallon

      Taussig

      St. Louis (2651 Olive)

      >RJFrank

      ---In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <cpe122@...> wrote:

      I know you've mentioned some here and there, but would you be willing to list the rest that the map shows from Tulsa back to St. Louis so we all can get on the same page?

      Thanks,
      /cpe

      ---In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <rjfrank1@...> wrote:

      Here are the site locations I have researched for the Oklahoma City-Stroud-Tulsa K-Carrier Route.  Enjoy.

      Oklahoma City (AT&T LL): 35.471128, -97.514692
      Jones (K): 35.547203, -97.247519
      Chandler (K): 35.658719, -96.963622
      Stroud (VF/K): 35.753514, -96.656639
      Bristow (K): 35.842664, -96.400808
      Sapulpa (K): 35.991467, -96.186033
      Tulsa (AT&T LL): 36.152756, -95.986900

      The Stroud, OK facility is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

      http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natregsearchresult.do?fullresult=true&recordid=34
      http://landmarkhunter.com/183997-southwestern-bell-telephone-building/

      >RJFrank

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic