28870Re: [coldwarcomms] RE: MR AUTOVON

  • Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
    Oct 31, 2013
      tomandsue@... wrote:

      > Donnersberg. Great memories, but same mountain, different tower! In
      > late July, 1969 our outfit (AFTV Germany) televised the activities
      > surrounding, as well as the actual moon landing by Apollo XI and the
      > Moon Walk. It was the first time commercial US Network programming
      > hit European audiences live, and also the first time ever for a live
      > telecast from the US for the troops stationed overseas.

      Tom,

      I was watching the landing from that transmitter in my apartment in
      Morlaurtern, just north of Kaiserslautern. My wife and I had our
      landlord, his wife and mother with us watching the event. Visited
      Ramstein many times. Often to watch the drag races held on an old runway.

      Dex
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic