28849RE: Re: MR AUTOVON

    Oct 30, 2013

       More on Donnersberg:

      http://www.5sigcmd.army.mil/news/2011/October/DonnersbergSiteClosure.html

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/5sigcmd/sets/72157627936594434/

      ---In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Oh yeah.......The switch guys LIVED for the call from DCA-EUR to "load the red deck for Donnersberg". That card reader was just the highest of high tech back then.

      I remember one of the shift supervisors in the switch commenting: "Some day the capabilities of this switch are going to fit in a room the size of the supervisor's office; and this room will be a tennis court or something." That was in 1981. RRRIIIIIGHT..... Next thing you're gonna tell me is that I'll have a phone that fits in my pocket & I'll be able to type on it....

      Bill

      (Sent from my Galaxy S3)