28709RE: RE: [coldwarcomms] FCC/CIA monitoring station - Millis, MA

  • taskforceleader
    Oct 6, 2013
      Google is your friend:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiEqzlJ2drA

      http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Hawkwind02054/library/WBZ%20Millis%20Former%20Transmitter%20Site?sort=3&page=1

      If you go to Historic Aerials (Dover Rd opposite King Phillip) the Transmitter building can be seen from about 1957 through 1995)  Appears to been demolished post 95.

      ---In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Back in my elementary school days in Concord, MA, we had to take some sort of government form home to have our parents fill out. As  part of that, there was a list of entities that would qualify the school for federal aid if the child of an eligible government employee was in that school. I remember, since I was already into radio, that one of the listed entities was the FCC Millis Monitoring Station. This was in the mid 60’s so Millis must have been alive back then as well.

      Bill