28480RE: Re: [coldwarcomms] Project Office Conspiracies

    Sep 4 12:50 PM

       Imagery and anecdotal descriptions in the last decade show significant "remodeling" at Charlottesville 2 & Hagerstown 2, suggesting they are still active for some purpose; I'd guess

      still COG,COO,EOC related.

      Whether any AT&T employees work there now is unknown to me.

      A check of recent CWA union contract work locations would confirm this.

      I think you should direct your inquiries to this organization:

      http://www.dhs.gov/about-office-public-affairs

      I wouldn't expect an answer.

      Mentions of new fiber at Hagerstown 2 are confirmed by this 2004 news article:

      http://articles.herald-mail.com/2004-07-21/news/25013099_1_directional-drilling-accident-crew-members

      Keep in mind the one sold (Buckingham) was simply a tropo repeater much smaller than the others; and if Chatham has not been repurposed we might assume it was too far south of DC metro area for todays needs.

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      When the one (not awake yet so the "name" escapes me) got a new Deathstar
      helipad paint job; and I casually mentioned to a friend Inside, he
      immediately said "No Comment."

      And this is an example of exactly what I don't understand: AT&T is so very hush-hush over these facilities yet at least one is closed and sold off, what is known of the others indicates they're outdated and probably of little current use, but all the same some have upgrades including a helipad that broadcasts loud and clear to anyone in the air "look at this AT&T facility on a mountaintop!!!". Folks, it's just very . . . strange.

      Not X-Files strange, but more like Kafka strange.

      On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

      On 9/4/13 12:24 AM, Blake Bowers wrote:

      > Yes, some of the project offices have been repurposed and are in use to
      > varying degrees.

      When the one (not awake yet so the "name" escapes me) got a new Deathstar
      helipad paint job; and I casually mentioned to a friend Inside, he
      immediately said "No Comment."

      [Maybe Area 51 got too crowded with alien corpses??]

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic