      From: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com [mailto:coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Mike Cowen
      Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:00 PM
      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Mallard Communications Project

      An interesting concept. It's interesting to note
      the cancellation date is about the time ARPANET
      went online, and that we're most likely using its
      non-secure successor right now. The notion of
      1-5Mb/s global links must have been jaw dropping
      in 1969 - especially considering what we've
      previously discussed here of NASA's network, and
      what it took to get a fraction of that bandwidth
      in the same era (granted this study was for a post 1975 system).

      Mike