27656Records of the U. S. Office of Emergency Planning, 1961-1963

  • unrecognizedresponse
    May 2, 2013
      Writing the JFK Library, I received the following response:

      "Our declass staff says: "The classification status on this Reel is Secret. Unfortunately the microfilm reels are in the process of being submitted to the National Declassification Center for review. He can complete a Mandatory Review form and we will inform him when the review has been completed."

      Some of the material on the Secret reel is to do with emergency communications in wartime, Conelrad, the Cuban Crisis and emergency scripts. Has anyone here submitted a request in conjunction with this reel, and has anyone an opinion about whether my submitting a request is likely to be productive? Normally, this is something right up Bill Geerhart's alley. He's had much success with some documents.