27121Re: (was new to group) Now: N2 carrier along US 90 - LA, MS

  • cpe122
    Feb 27, 2013
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Zaiontz" <mzaiontz@...> wrote:

      > Got it! It appears to be some problem with the plug-in in my browser. If I save it and then open it all is well.
      >
      > My plan is to photograph and map up to Picayune and stop there. Tomorrow I'll begin searching satellite photos starting at Picayune and work my way back as far as I can to hut #4.
      >
      > Interesting, on the map it is shown as a coaxial cable route, but N2 was a copper pair carrier.
      >
      > Mike

      Other have contributed already to answering this, but I'd offer another possibility. It's my understanding that these maps only show LL owned, or joint LL/RBOC assets.

      If the N carrier route was a Southern Bell facility, it would be on THEIR map(s). Those (RBOC maps) are real hard to come by.

      /cpe

      p.s. L1 and N carrier huts spacing, under ideal conditions, COULD match up. Much of that depends on the cable plant for the N carrier.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic