24758Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: WASHFAX

  • Michael Cancellier
    Jun 6, 2012
      You might want to look at this. This is an extract from DISA's FY12 budget docs:

      Crisis Management System (CMS): The CMS is owned and operated by the
      NSS but maintained by DISA under NSC direction and a National Security
      Decision Directive. The program provides state-of-the-art video
      teleconferencing (SVTS), Crisis Management Network (CMN), and the
      Executive Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP) phone network
      (including the National Intelligence Watch Officers Network (NOIWON))
      to the President, Vice President, National Security Advisor, and
      others as directed by the NSS. The system functions in both fixed and
      mobile modes for exchange of time sensitive high interest information
      which extends the White House Situation Room presence. The system
      supports the President, National Security Council, Cabinet Members,
      Joint Chiefs, various agency watch centers, headquarters, and
      Continuity of Operations (COOP) sites. CMS funding provides
      maintenance, configuration management, certification and accreditation
      activities including system security monitoring and testing, and
      engineering support. The system provides real-time Top Secret
      Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) secure video conference
      communications for the President and high level advisors including
      multi-party calls between fixed and mobile sites for day-to-day and
      crisis operations.

      Also, SCIS is long gone and has been replaced by the ITW/AA
      Communications Processing System (CPS) which has the same mission of
      providing missile warning data from sensor to shooter.

      --
      Mike Cancellier
      Cancellier@...