22505Re: [coldwarcomms] Recently released Air/Ground telephone calls from Lyndon Johnson to Rose Kennedy

  • Polo Hat
    Feb 2, 2012
      No, I'm not sure exactly when the "Nationwide" system was fielded, but my
      understanding has been mid to late 1960s.

      I wonder if Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine ever ran a feature on
      the (V)C-137s -- 58-6970/1/2 or 62-6000 back in the Kennedy era? AW&ST
      articles I have from the early 1970s about EC-135 Looking Glass & E-4A
      NEACP give a good breakdown of mission communications systems.

      Tim