1896Re: Microwave Intercept

  • ozob99@yahoo.com
    Jun 1, 2001

      http://www19.addr.com/~longline/places-routes/Garden_City/map-70.html

      > I believe Beltsville was associated with NASA's Goddard Space Flight
      Center,
      > and linked to an earth station there. Gambrills appears to have
      been a
      > junction, with other routes going to Annapolis and to Randallstown,
      MD. The
      > latter, in turn, is linked to other northeast routes.
      >
      > Whether all of this means anything, I don't know.
      >
      > Albert

      AT&T had a central office/testboard at Greenbelt/NASA & a radio
      terminal so your assumption is correct.

      While an embassy afforded more privacy, commercial offices and/or
      hotels near an antenna would have been perfect for portable gear & I
      suspect this was done;perhaps recorded for signal analysis/monitoring
      later in a lab.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic