15519Re: Apollo 11 "real-time" NASA audio feed

  • Ray_Vaughan_99
    Jul 20, 2009
      I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying cross talk ;) In another mailing list I explained it and why we rarely hear it today. It really does bring back memories. Sort of like that Pink Floyd song (Young Lust?) that has the operator trying to place a call from the US to the UK. I always crank it up for that part of the song. Gotta love inband signaling.

      Would I be right in assuming that the audio from the downlink stations around the world would be coming back to Huston over regular analog undersea cables back then? I know there were some satellites back then but I don't think they geostationary, right?

      Ray

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

      > I'm having better luck with the <http://wechoosethemoon.org> site.
      >
      > One thing I noticed was during quiet periods [of which there are many...]
      > sometimes you can the faint melody of MF tones in the background crosstalk.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic