13976Re: SNARK (not the sailboat)

  • paul125a
    Sep 26, 2008
      Well, I admit this isn't communications, but since you asked, I'll

      I've uploaded two photos of the guidance system, in a folder
      called "SNARK." It was a combination stellar-inertial system, with
      an automatic star tracker, which found and locked onto a star very
      quickly after launch. The SR-71 did the same.

      If you look carefully at the photos, you will see vacuum tubes!

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Michael St. Angelo"
      <mstangelo@...> wrote:
      > Paul,
      > Would you have any information on the guidance system? Sounds
      > Mike
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic