13972Re: SNARK (not the sailboat)

  • paul125a
    Sep 25, 2008
      When I saw the word "SNARK" in the subject field I thought, great!
      someone is going to talk about the Snark--the 1950s-era, proto-
      cruise missile that was to go from bases in CONUS all the way to the
      USSR at subsonic speeds, carrying a nuclear warhead. The guidance
      system they developed for it was very advanced, and was later used
      for the SR-71 Blackbird. The Snark had a difficult testing period,
      leading people to talk about "Snark-infested waters" off Cape
      Canaveral.

      Paul C.

      -- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Techniker der ├╝berholten
      Systeme : arbeitsloser <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > I believe "snotty" refers to drainage of the sinus, the behavior
      > exhibited below is currently considered SNARK~ish.
      >
      > You really need to update your slang.
      >
      > Jim

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic