      From: Mike Cowen <mcowen@...>
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Operating a former microwave facility
      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 12:06 PM

      I've seen some pretty hokey camouflaged sites before. Who ever saw
      an arrow straight, perfectly symmetrical, flawlessly manicured pine
      tree? Mother Mature doesn't make that model.

      Though their web site is having some issues, Larson Camouflage has
      become quite skilled at developing stealth
      towers. http://www.utilityc amo.com/index. html I've seen one of the
      Saguaro cactus towers in Fountain Hills, AZ (near me), and it blended
      in very well. It nearly fooled me, and most observers would never
      notice it at all.

      The ones that really have me laughing my a$$ off are the NIMBYs who
      will viciously block any tower, but just love that new church steeple
      that was donated (and pays the church $1200/mo.). Some people...

      Most of my friends think I'm weird for actively looking for
      infrastructure elements. I know I'm in good company here... :-)

      Mike

      At 09:57 AM 9/22/2008, you wrote:

      >--- In
      ><mailto:coldwarcom ms%40yahoogroups .com>coldwarcomms@ yahoogroups. com,
      >Kris Kirby <kris@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Michael Bender wrote:
      > > > THis whole idea of buying old AT&T facilities is really neat -
      >what do
      > > > people do with them?
      > >
      > > Cover them in green fringe and make 200 ft Christmas trees, what else?
      > >
      > > --
      >Well in these parts people were objecting to having a cell phone
      >tower in their neighborhood, so the cell phone company put in one
      >disguised as a pine tree. Except it doesn't look like any kind of
      >pine tree that grows around here - maybe something from the High
      >Sierra. So it looks ridiculous, compared with a plain cell tower.
      >I don't think they will be putting in any more of those around here.

      and selfless acts of beauty.
      mcowen@mindspring. com -Anonymous