13960Re: [coldwarcomms] Operating a former microwave facility

  • james kester
    Sep 22, 2008
      Well, that's a reasonable enough reason, and I can certainly understand the whole
      rental thing. But, the structures, A through H are mostly 70 psi design designation.

      Very expensive to add structural supports to them. I should know, my company, among others, designed, fabricated & installed thousands of modifications to them.
      Technically, additions of any kind to these structures can be quite detrimental
      to the overall structures integrity, depending on the loading.

      Interesting. I always just bid them to scrap. However, the dismantling & transportation usually exceeded the net return. That may have changed a bit lately
      though.

      Some of the specialty metals had some ornate value. But, even their material handling
      costs were negligible.

      Thanks,

      jrk