1352[coldwarcomms] re: Oregon tower

    Dec 2, 2000
      Great page, Daryl. The tower does look unusual - much broader than I'd
      expect given its low height..

      As an aside, this is the first time I've seen an AT&T microwave tech, or
      the type of vehicle they drive. Somehow I expected a "woody" station wagon
      with the old Bell System logo on the door...

      >A retired AT&T tech sent me some pictures of the South Saddle Mountain
      >Oregon AT&T site. Since they are interesting to me because of the
      >tower style and the number of horns, I thought I would drop a note
      >to the list. The tower is unusual for an AT&T site, apparently
      >built this way to withstand 100 mph wind blasts from the Pacific.
      >They're at: http://www.drgibson.com/towers/bob.html
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic