12583Re: geocode/sitename data

  • dllewiszz
    Dec 9, 2007
      My experience differs in this regard.

      Even numbered MURs, in my patch, were headed south or west. Odd
      numbered ones headed north or east.
      So, MUR202 MMPHTNMA - NSVLTNMT was the westbound direction of MUR
      201/202 MMPHTNMA - NSVLTNMT, while the eastbound direction of the same
      MUR was MUR 201 MMPHTNMA - NSVLTNMT. Similarly, for MUR 205/206
      IPLSIN01 - LSVLKYCS, the 205 would be northbound and the 206 is
      southbound. Wish I had a batch of old COLR Cards around the house
      still.

      Concur on the 1 - 99, 201 - 299 for LL, with 101 - 199 for Associated
      Company systems.

      Cherryville seemed to be one of the more popular "Q" sites (CHVLNJQA)
      in the East. I remember talking to the guys there and their reporting
      that on a clear day they could walk outside and see the NYC skyline.
      Seems that many of the early "Q" sites ended in "Q5000", such as
      FRTNTNQ5000, ARKBMSQ5000 etc...

      > MUR's numbered 1-99, 201-299,et al were LL systems; MUR's 101-199
      > were Associated Company systems; and not related to direction.
      >
      > This same scheme applied to POTS circuit numbers on up thru channel
      > group,SG,etc.

    • Show all 42 messages in this topic