1254[coldwarcomms] re: Family Shelter Design

    Oct 5, 2000
      >Isnt there a .pdf version of this already on the net? FEMA put's it out.

      I've been looking for one - no luck so far.

      You've raised an interesting question: exactly what is FEMA's current
      policy on nuclear civil defense? If a citizen were to ask for advice on
      building a fallout shelter, would they have any literature available? Or
      are they completely out of the nuclear-protection business, in favor of
      natural-disaster preparedness.

      It's my impression that FEMA's senior leadership would like to distance the
      agency from its Cold War origins, perhaps not wanting it to appear outdated
      and irrelevant.