1095Thurmont, MD passive repeater

    Jul 19, 2000
      A while ago I posted information about a passive microwave repeater atop
      Piney Mountain, north of Thurmont, MD.

      A person familiar with the installation has identified it as a Bell
      Atlantic repeater, part of a 6-GHz link between Thurmont and Frederick, MD.
      The link has been decommissioned but the repeater was allowed to remain,
      due to the expense of removing it.

      I've updated my Cold War web page to include this new infromation, and have
      moved the web page for the repeater to my Bell System site.