Anyone there ....?

  • Steve Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2009
      Just a quickie to see who is out there?

      Steve

      Kidderminster, UK
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2009
        Not many of us. Thanks for dropping by Steve.
        Richard

        --- In coldwar_reenactment@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Williams" <kiddi181uk@...> wrote:

        > Just a quickie to see who is out there?
        >
        > Steve
        >
        > Kidderminster, UK

      • stephen williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2009
          HI Richard

          Glad to know there is someone else out there !  Seriously though, have been suprised at the lack of general interest to get more organised.  So many people collect Cold War era vehicles and equipment (maybe more so than WW2), yet its really hard work to get folks together to arrange a display at one of the shows.

          Be interesting to hear your angle.   I have 2 Bundeswehr and 1 Wehrmacht vehicle.

          Regards

          Steve

          Not many of us. Thanks for dropping by Steve.
          Richard

          --- In coldwar_reenactment @yahoogroups. com, "Steve Williams" <kiddi181uk@ ...> wrote:

          > Just a quickie to see who is out there?
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > Kidderminster, UK

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2009
            I know what you mean. I thought there would be more interest out there. I haven't purchased any cold war vehicles yet, but I'm waiting for the next surplus auction.  What type vehicles do you currently have?
            Regards,
            Richard

            Not many of us. Thanks for dropping by Steve.
            Richard

            --- In coldwar_reenactment @yahoogroups. com, "Steve Williams" <kiddi181uk@ ...> wrote:

            > Just a quickie to see who is out there?
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > Kidderminster, UK

          • great7scott7
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2010
              I've joined!

              --- In coldwar_reenactment@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Williams" <kiddi181uk@...> wrote:

              > Just a quickie to see who is out there?
              >
              > Steve
              >
              > Kidderminster, UK

            • kiddi181uk
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2010
                Hi Richard,

                No excuses for not answering you earlier on this.....so appologies. I run a 1964 404 Unimog teleprinter truck and a 1974 VW181 radiocar. Both operational mechanically and radio-wise (I am a radio ammateur also).

                So much UK surplus around, that I decided to go for other NATO countries instead ! Landy`s and Bedfords would be simpler for spares, but I do enjoy the simplicity yet reliability of the German Engineering.

                Will attempt to post some pics here.

                All the best,

                Steve