Re: New Russian Electronic Brain

  • clses
    Message 1 of 720 , Jul 25, 2001
      Please forgive my skepticism, but the human brain
      is far more complex than the design of a single
      neuron. Learning and memory require cellular modulation,
      when they can get a computer to rewire its neuronet
      and produce its own new chips, I may be a bit more
      convinced. AI has come along way, my basic understanding of
      the current work is, getting neuronets to recognize
      simple patters (a + a + b = 121) with hundreds of inputs
      and to come up with a best solution, but that is not
      thinking, that basically still number crunching, although
      elaborate, it is still basic. I think we are a long way from
      the Terminator, so calm down
    • charles_w_2000
      Message 720 of 720 , Dec 5, 2012
        --- In cognitiveneuroscienceforum@yahoogroups.com, volleyball_scientist wrote:

        > Hi there - is anyone attending SFN... - would like to get in touch with potential attendees - especially those in vision/visuo-motor integration

        ---

        http://www.balametrics.com/
        http://www.infinitywalk.org/

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptical_trainer