Re: Actually....

  • milkyway709
    Message 1 of 720 , Sep 1, 1999
      This poem was written by Samuel Taylor
      stately Pleajure-dome decree:<br>Where Alph, the sacred
      river, ran<br>Through caverns measureless to man<br>
      Down to a sunless sea<br>So twice five miles of
      fertile ground<br>With walls and towers were girdled
      round;<br>And there were gardens bright with sinous
      rills,<br>Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;<br>And
      here were forests ancient as the hills,<br>Enfolding
      sunny spots of greenery.<br><br>But oh! that deep
      romantic chasm which slanted<br>Down the green hill
      athwart a cedarn cover!<br>A savage place! as holy and
      enchanted(actually I dont know why this word takes the passive form.
      To me enchanting seems correct.. am I wrong?)<br>As
      e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted<br>By woman
      wailing for a demon_lover<br>As if this chsm, with
      ceaseless turmoil seething,<br>As if this earth in fast
      thick pants were breathing, <br>A mighty fountain
      momently was forced:<br>Amid whose swift half-intermitted
      burst<br>Huge fragments vaulted like rebounding hail,<br>Or
      chaffy grain beneath the thresher's flail:<br>And 'mid
      these dancing rocks at once and ever<br>It flung up
      momently the sacred river<br>Five miles meandering with a
      mazy motion<br>Through wood and dale the sacred river
      ran,<br>Then reached the caverns measureless to man,<br>And
      sank in tumult to a lifeless ocean:<br>And 'mid this
      tumult kubla heard from far<br>Ancestral voices
      prophesying war! <br><br> well this is the half of all.. it's
      just too hard to write down all. Let's pause here and
      do the rest next time!<br><br>I hope u could say
      about the theme and the emotional state of the writer
      of this poem also. and is the Kubla in this poem
      that historical person? Anyway I like this poem so
      much... <br>Was the author a prominent poet? or is he
      now?
    • charles_w_2000
      Message 720 of 720 , Dec 5, 2012
        --- In cognitiveneuroscienceforum@yahoogroups.com, volleyball_scientist wrote:

        > Hi there - is anyone attending SFN... - would like to get in touch with potential attendees - especially those in vision/visuo-motor integration

        ---

        http://www.balametrics.com/
        http://www.infinitywalk.org/

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptical_trainer