Re: Get ready colorado! Tom on radio today. Go get em'!!

  • hitbynature
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
      This is where I heard about this. I already posted on another
      group I'm in to get them involved.
      I do have one question. How many corporations will move to the
      U.S. when they no longer have to pay corporate taxes? Isn't that
      unfair to other countries?

      Jonathan from Colorado

      --- In cofairtax@yahoogroups.com, "Genie Hayes" <geniehayes@h...>
      wrote:
      > 10:00am MDT: radio interview in studio KOA-AM 850 Denver
      > The Mike Rosen Show
      >
      > The Mike Rosen Show
      > Talk show featuring discussion of politics and current events from a
      > conservative point of view. The program also offers occasional
      > discussion on sports, entertainment and humor. Rosen leads the on-
      air
      > content and direction of the show as Host. He also writes a column
      in
      > the Denver Rocky Mountain News.
      >
      > The area congressmen's positions are as follows:
      > Sen. Wayne Allard R will not commit (202)
      > 224-5941
      > Sen. Ken Salazar D against (202) 224-
      5852
      > Rep. Diana DeGette D-1st against (202) 225-4431
      > Rep. Mark Udall D-2nd will not commit (202) 225-
      2161
      > Rep. John Salazar D-3rd will not commit (202) 225-4761
      > Rep. Marilyn Musgrave R-4th will not commit (202) 225-4676
      > Rep. Joel Hefley R-5th co-sponsor (202) 225-4422
      > Rep. Thomas Tancredo R-6th for (202) 225-7882
      > Rep. Bob Beauprez R-7th for (202) 225-
      2645
    • cody.shrader.totaljunk@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
        My correspondence back from Senator Allard indicated that he's kinda leaning towards supporting it, his biggest concern was "Additional Paperwork for Small Businesses" .... but given that their tax returns would actually become easier (given they won't be paying taxes) and the fairtax would be administrated by the States (given most of them already collect sales tax), there's not much additional paperwork.

        My correspondence back from Salazaaaaaar said: "I'm for less spending ... and close corporate tax breaks ... and provide incentives for companies to not move their corporate headquarters ..." (not really direct quotes) ...

        I've never heard of Democrat spending less, and wouldn't *all* tax breaks be closed by not making corporations pay taxes, for which they have 10,000 tax deductions anyways? And the reason they move their corporate headquarters to the Bahamas is more favorable tax status (unless they are doing illegal activities and want anonymity). Yet he still says he against it. Every reason he gave me for not supporting the bill, is actually negated by the bill.

        Salazaaaaar also said that he didn't think it was a good idea to abolish the IRS. Like we need 10,000 accountants sucking productivity out of U.S. businesses and people, and I guess he feels its fair to require that high school dropouts spend hours trying to figure out how fill out tax forms (in order to get their own back from the government). That's why I wanted Coors to win; a lifetime politian is incapable of seeing that all he, and all of his staff, and all the accountants, and all the tax attorneys, are is overhead and don't contribute positively to this country's productivity.

        Cody

        From: "hitbynature" <hitbynature@...>