Re: Re: [Codorus Disc Golf] Re: Jan PINCHOT TOURNEY 24TH

  • Andy Unger
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
      --- Jay Gobrecht <gobrechtja@...>
      wrote:
      > Re: pulling teams (i would like to see us pull teams
      > from all divisions....mix... The singles format
      > after 9 holes gives u ur chance to do ur own scoring
      > and i like us all getting to know each other,
      > SOCIALIZING, WATCHING, LEARNING,BONDING.ETC...
      > instead of separating for teams......(it will also
      > simplify things for the TD....they all go into one
      > container to be pulled....except for the PRO'S (or
      > whoever wants the challenge to play as a single)

      --------Do we need to be concerned about the
      possibility of 3 Adv. players, (top skill division in
      the "teams" category), being placed on 1 team
      competing against 3 juniors/women/amas being put
      together as a team? (just being devil's
      advocate/anticipating possible worst-case scenarios)

      Or is it just gonna be luck-o-the-draw?

      And just so I have this straight- if I choose to be in
      pro division I will never be placed on a team & I'll
      be playing on my own throughout the entire first
      trimester? And all other divisions will be on the
      split-between-singles-&-doubles/triples plan?

      > JUST MY OPINION FOR THE 1ST CYCLE.
      > RE: RULES OF PLAY.... (I ALWAYS ASSUMED WE WERE
      > TRYING TO TEACH EVERYONE PDGA RULINGS....MY VOTE IS
      > TO DO THAT REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE'VE DONE OR HAVEN'T
      > DONE IN THE PAST.

      ----------I only said that because I don't recall
      anyone ever saying it in an "official" sense.

      IF ANYONE FEELS I'M WAY
      > OFF BASE ON THIS STUFF, PLEASE CHIME IN......

      -----------I used to have a great pick-off move for a
      righty, so watch out. :D

      [the use of " :D " is to indicate that the previous
      statement was 100% all in fun.]

      I THINK
      > FOR ME TO REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT'S COMING
      > TOGETHER...I'll need to write this down on a story
      > board with every possible scenario....look at
      > it..critique & assess it....revise it and go from
      > there.
      > THIS IS PROBABLY A SHOW ABOUT "nothing" everybody's
      > doing SOMETHING... we'll do nothing!

      -------also, how do you propose handling the
      odd-person** or, in the case of trips, the possibility
      of odd-persons?

      **I am soooooo gender sensitive. :)

      "I saw a drain."

      "George likes his chicken spicy."

      "Prognosis Negative"

      "I always thought this was a meat-packing plant."

      "She was beautiful. Would you like to dance?"

      "He stopped short!?!? That's my move!"

      "You want a piece of me?"

    • Andy Unger
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
        --- Clint Rey <reys.mail@...> wrote:
        > Payout probably should be based on size of groups in
        > each division if
        > we are dividing in to divisions for payout. (I think
        > I am
        > comprehending right the previous notes that we will
        > play by
        > divisions?).

        Based on Jay's assumption of 5 players=1 payout this
        may have some serious caveats.....
        .......While it may encourage some players to move up
        or down a division if there are only 2 or 3 players in
        their 1st choice division it also may discourage all
        DG hot-chicks from even attending since we have
        *never* had an event with two DG babes in attendance.

        {I am only using wimmin as an example, ladies. The
        same could be said about juniors & ams, and perhaps
        even the adv. player or 2.}

        They amount of payout is simple
        > depending on how many
        > places and how much reward for each place and what
        > percentage the
        > club should take. I would like to see the club funds
        > in shape so we
        > can do more for the sport and donate more. If club
        > folks would
        > purchase their disc gear through the club it would
        > help to. We will
        > get you as good a pricing that you can get on your
        > own and still make
        > a little for the club. We can get anything anywhere.
        > Just ask!

        ------This is very true! *Always* ask Clint what kind
        of deal he can get you- he's worked hard to develop a
        good relationship with each and every manufacturer and
        can get you a better deal than you can find online
        almost every time. He's hooked me up with serious
        discounts more than once.

        > I may be home in time this Saturday to play at 1:00
        > if anyone is
        > interested? My new home email is
        > candyman@...

        --------Does this replace work mail, home mail, or
        both?

        if anyone
        > wants to spam me. They are by far the best phone
        > service I have ever
        > had. Check em out! You can use any internet or email
        > software you
        > want and as of today they have 5x faster modem
        > service for $3
        > additional expense of their $9.99 monthly service. I
        > get no kick
        > backs for this add (believe it or not) just thought
        > they are pretty
        > cool!
        > cr
        >

        > --- In codorusdiscgolf@yahoogroups.com, "Jay
        > Gobrecht"
        > <gobrechtja@c...> wrote:
        > > Srry about the heading, i was just hitting reply
        > and whatever was
        > there was there. GOOD POINT...thanx
        > > The Pinchot gathering is Sat. 24th, @ 9:15 !!
        > > .........(so Turley can make his gig)
        > > ***IS DOUBLES OK WITH EVERYONE OR DO U PREFER
        > TRIPLES FOR THE
        > JAN/FEB.
        > > REGARDING PRIZES for the JAN & FEB. (I will
        > consult with CLINT on
        > our % of payouts to players.).
        > > I would like to make the attempt to keep records
        > from the beginning
        > (like we did other yrs for the entire FTL Jan-
        > Dec.(a running point
        > total) and keep each
        > > 1/3 CYCLE standings beside them.......this can be
        > opinioned by
        > all. I THINK CLINT MENTIONED THAT 5 PLAYERS = 1
        > PAYOUT AS A RATIO.
        > Maybe when Clint reads this he can clarify it.
        > >
        > > is this ok with everyone for the 1st cycle
        > JAN/FEB/MAR/APR
        > > P = PRO ADV=ADVANCED AM=AMATEUR J=JUNIOR
        > W=WOMEN
        > > (everyone playing from same tees)
        > > (Do we need to break it down anymore....this is
        > not a PDGA EVENT U
        > KNOW.....or do u want it like that)
        > > Whatever u sign up as in Jan. is what u play in
        > thru April)....(do
        > we need grand divisions)????????
        > >
        > > All scores and names go in one list together as we
        > did
        > before.....but with division symbols beside names.
        > > So, you may be in 14th place overall but u may be
        > 1st in your
        > division. ok, let me know if this makes
        > sense or if i need to
        > clarify.
        > > THANK U FOR UR TIME IN READING THIS.....AND ADDING
        > POSITIVE
        > CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM..... jAY.
        > > (i will be playing as a pro single...i want the
        > challenge)

      • Andy Unger
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
          JayDot,
          not sure if you spoke of this or not so again, my
          apologies if you already covered this-

          Will the singles pros be competing against the teams
          as we discussed earlier? And if so, will they compete
          against all divisions or just the adv. division or
          some other configuration?

          I remember you posted earlier you would play pro
          single for the challenge so I am assuming that the pro
          singles will be competing against some/all teams in
          some way.

          "Who said they will not wear the ribbon?