Codorus Disc Golf

  • opendisccourse
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 25, 2001
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for Codorus Disc Golf
    • opendisccourse
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 25, 2001
        Thanks for visiting!! Please-join in and speak
        your mind! Whether you're a seasoned pro or just
        starting out, the course at Codorus is a great time. I'm
        only just getting this club started-there will
        eventually be pics of every hole- check back often!!!! Come
        and experience Codorus with the locals on Sundays at
        3:30!!!! We'll be happy to show you all the great holes
        and the best lanes and windows!!!
      • opendisccourse
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 31, 2001
          I've gotten some of the holes in the photos
          section. A few will have to wait, but more will be up w/in
          days. I've tried to hilight the top of each basket in
          bright yellow but some may still be hard to spot-they're
          usually right in the middle of the photo.<br>Some holes
          have 2 pics-4, 12, 15.<br>If you have any pics of 7,
          8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19 or 26 please feel free to post
          'em. I haven't gotten out to take shots of those holes
          yet. But never fear, the rest will be up w/in days, as
          long as the yahoo server doesn't get goofy again.
        • ndungr
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 16, 2001
            Yahoo! clubs will be merging with Yahoo! groups
            sometime soon. That is why you won't find Codorus Disc
            Golf listed among the other disc golf clubs. Once they
            get whatever they are doing done, Codorus Disc golf
            should be listed. Bookmark this page for now so it's
            easy to get to. The club pages/photos are all
            accessible, just not visible or listed. There should be a
            link at the the top of the page that will explain the
            changes they are making.
          • btc0104
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 16, 2001
              I browsed around the club this evening and everything looks pretty nice. Any plans to put a video production together for Codorus? I just completed one for the folks at Pinchot.<br><br>Brad Carlson
            • opendisccourse
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 25, 2001
                Here it comes!!! A Codorus tourney. While details
                aren't set yet, the date is, so keep 1/26/01 clear on
                your calendar. Lots of prizes, low entry $, maybe even
                a trophy! Closest-to-pin-holes, too - which are
                always short so the big-arms don't take all the prizes.
                More details after the holidays - feel free to
                post/email any questions or inquiries. Anyone wishing to
                help out? These things take a lot of effort and all
                help is welcome! Peace and prosperity be with you
                throughout the new year!
              • opendisccourse
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 24, 2002
                  Because of Yahoo's merging of clubs and groups,
                  this club is still not reachable unless you type in
                  the URL. It is not listed in clubs or groups. If you
                  are someone who just happened to find it, please post
                  a msg or email me saying how you got here. Thanks.
                • ndungr
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 31, 2002
                    Saturday, January 26th, 2002- a date that will
                    surely merit a page or 2 in the annals of mankind's
                    history. OK, maybe not, but it was big-time fun for the 25
                    players in the first tournament at Codorus. We had
                    freakish conditions for January. It was 60 degrees and
                    sunny and clear, with just a mild breeze instead of the
                    unpredictable gusts we're used to.<br>All the names and numbers
                    are not in yet, but I'll pass on what I know
                    now.....<br>We opened with a full 27 hole round of random-draw,
                    best -lie doubles. A nunber of tees were drastically
                    changed, just for the day. The top scores were as
                    under (77)<br>There were two teams in a tie for third,
                    which resulted in a sudden death playoff, starting at
                    hole #1 and ended at #3, when Jay & I both tanked our
                    drives.<br>There were a bunch of other teams under par, but I
                    don't have names and scores yet. They'll be up as soon
                    as they get to me.<br>There was also Tony's $50
                    Challenge, where one of our club members, (Tony) put up $50
                    of his own money as a prize for guessing the top 3
                    teams. I don't know who won, but I do know that there
                    was a 3 player tie, which was broken with a CTP
                    contest on hole #1. <br>There were no aces.<br>There were
                    6 Closest-to-Pin holes, with discs as prizes, one
                    of which was one of those fantastic CE JLS's. Tony
                    managed to win that one. Jeff Turley won the one on 16,
                    and Mark ? won two others. The rest I'll post when I
                    get 'em.<br>Overall, it went really well for our
                    first tourney and I think all who came had a great
                    time. we also had a singles round after the doubles.
                    The top three finishers in the singles round
                    Andy Unger<br><br>Bob shot an incredible 6 down!!! He
                    took home the highly coveted trophy, which didn't fit
                    in his car, so I think he strapped it on top for the
                    drive home. <br>(However, it should be noted that Bob
                    was fresh, having missed the doubles round, while the
                    rest of us were playing our 2nd set of 27 holes and we
                    were pretty tired). <br>So, best to all !! and I'll
                    get more posted when I get the info.<br>Don't forget,
                    every Sunday morning @ 9am for a casual round, with
                    CTP's and ace pot!!!!!!!
                  • thescharffs
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 2 7:15 PM
                      Let's say that someone was dumb enough to lose a disc - or maybe even their whole bag - where could they possibly recover it?
                    • discgopher2002
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 3 9:43 AM
                        Is this club just for the old guys or the kids?
                      • ndungr
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 3 3:15 PM
                          ALL are welcome here. Even those who play golf
                          with silly little sticks and tiny balls. It says it
                          right under the pic on the club home page. Thanks for
                          visiting and ALWAYS feel free to contribute in any way you
                          see fit.
                        • ndungr
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 3 3:28 PM
                            Hypothetically, one could contact an active
                            Hanover Area Disc Golf Club member, post a msg here,
                            leave a note at the course bulletin board, or just
                            pray, in an attempt to retrieve a lost disc or disc
                            bag. <br>:-D
                          • thescharffs
                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 6 6:17 PM
                              I won the wednesday night challenge two weeks in
                              a row. I do a lot better without any competition.
                              When are you bunch of sissies going to get your
                              behinds off the couch and out to the park? Does anybody
                              have an idea when The Clint is going to be at the park
                              with my bag of plastic saucers?<br><br>Andy Rooney is
                              fuuuuuuuunny!
                            • ndungr
                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 7 8:12 AM
                                On Sat 2/2, a few of the Codorus regulars made it
                                down to Patapsco for their Ice Bowl, a tournament/fund
                                raiser. They raised a whole bunch of $ for their local
                                food bank and put on a great tournament.<br>The
                                Codorus boys held their own amidst the tough Marylanders,
                                placing very well--<br>In the Advanced Amateur division,
                                Andy Unger placed 1st and Clint Rey came in 2nd.<br>In
                                the Amateur division, Mike Keiser won 1st place.
                                Jacob Rey also played in the Am. division, but I'm
                                afraid I don't recall how he did. (Sorry, Jacob)<br>If I
                                missed anyone else, please feel free to let us know how
                                you did.
                              • thescharffs
                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 9 5:06 AM
                                  <EOM>
                                • ndungr
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 9 5:57 AM
                                    Tony,<br>I'm going to the Sports & Outdoors show
                                    today, but if I get out & back down to Hanover with some
                                    light left I'll be @ Codorus. <br>I'm guessing 3 or
                                    3:30-ish at best. Can you make it out tomorrow @ 9 am?
                                  • ndungr
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 11 8:54 AM
                                      Anyone interested in a road trip to Sedgley's monthly tournament? Post or email me if you wanna go.<br>Andy
                                    • ndungr
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Feb 11 8:57 AM
                                      • ndungr
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Feb 12 12:04 PM
                                          It's this Sunday, 2-17. 10am, I think.
                                        • ndungr
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Feb 13 8:43 AM
                                            For those who know me, you know I travel quite a
                                            bit in my disc golf exploits. This is an open
                                            invitation for anyone who's interested to join me on any of
                                            these excursions, and here is a list of the events I'm
                                            almost sure to attend:<br>2/17- Sedgley Woods
                                            monthly<br>never been to their monthly events, but Sedgley is a
                                            great course.<br><br>2/23- Seneca, MD, Faux Leap
                                            tourney<br>I've never been to Seneca, so I don't know much about
                                            the course or this tourney<br><br>2/24- AMMO series,
                                            Jordan Creek, PA<br>This is a monthly tourney that
                                            alternates between South Mountain and Jordan Creek courses.
                                            Monthly and cumulative payouts. An excellent intro to
                                            tourney play for amateurs. I hope to attend every one
                                            this year.<br><br>Also, on 3/9 I might be going to
                                            Sedgley's Puppy Preview Doubles tourney. If you'd like to
                                            come along to this one, you'll need a
                                            partner.<br><br>I'll be driving to all these and can carry 4 others in
                                            my jeep. With drive time, these events usually take
                                            all day, (at least all the daylight portion of the
                                            day). If you're interested, let me know via email or
                                          • ndungr
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Feb 13 11:52 AM
                                              Wanted: CE JLS, by Millenium.<br>Any
                                              weight.<br>Willing to trade, (I've got a ton of discs I don't use,
                                              new & used), or $cash$.<br>email me or post a
                                              msg.<br>I want it to throw, not to show.<br>Please help me
                                              !!<br>Thanks!<br>Andy-
                                              discgolferpa@...<br>or<br>ndungr@...
                                            • thescharffs
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Feb 13 6:25 PM
                                                week, Tony won the wednesday night event by a narrow
                                                margin.<br>And he won all 27 skins!<br>He was there - no one
                                                else was.<br>He can't make it next week on wednesday,
                                                so maybe YOU have a chance to win! <br>It is staying
                                                "light" enough to throw outside until about 6:00 -
                                                6:10.<br>Come join the fun around 5:00
                                              • ndungr
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Feb 18 9:13 AM
                                                  On Saturday, 2-16, A bunch of us got together for
                                                  a road trip to Akron, PA, to play at Roland Park.
                                                  They recently added 2 more holes there, changing #3,
                                                  adding a new #4 and making old #3 into new #5. After
                                                  that, the course remains the same, (except now old #6
                                                  is new #8, old #7 now #9 and so on). The new #3 and
                                                  #4 are great holes, very challenging and quite
                                                  unforgiving. Par for Akron is now 60 with the 2 new holes.<br>
                                                  We played 2 rounds- the first one singles and a 2nd
                                                  round of random doubles for skins. When it was all said
                                                  and done, this is how it shook out:<br>(And these
                                                  scores may not be 100% accurate- I'm going from my
                                                  each tee and lie since he drew the odd # out. Don't
                                                  believe it was a runaway for Frank and Andy- the round
                                                  was steeped in drama and tension all the way through.
                                                  And the "shot of the day" definitely goes to Marty
                                                  for his near-perfect drive on the new #3.<br>It was a
                                                  gorgeous day and a lot of fun! Thanks guys. Let's do that
                                                  again sometime!
                                                • ndungr
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Dec 31, 2002
                                                    Saturday, January 26th Tournament at Codorus is
                                                    shaping up nicely- Registration will be at 9:30am, and
                                                    we'll be teeing off at 10am. One round, all 27 holes.
                                                    $10 entry fee. Lots of prizes, gear, etc!! Plenty of
                                                    SHORT holes for Closest-to-Pin prizes- everyone's got a
                                                    chance to win! $50 ace pot! and MORE !! <br>A guaranteed
                                                    good time!<br>Maybe a round of doubles afterward if
                                                    there is enough time.<br>Anyone wishing to help,
                                                    contribute, share ideas, sponsor a prize/giveaway, etc.
                                                    please email me at ndungr@.... Hoping to have a
                                                    clean-up/work-while-we-play round on the course the Sat or Sun prior, if
                                                    anyone's interested. <br>Please- let's spread the word and
                                                    get as big a turnout as possible. This is a super
                                                    opportunity to help the great sport of disc golf grow and
                                                    develop right here in our little southern mid-Penn
                                                    region. New players are always welcome. <br>Good luck
                                                    always, Andy