PLEASE COME: Death Penalty Strategy Meeting

  • mark1343@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
        I was asked to contact each of you & extend an invite for you or a representative of your group to attend this meeting. It is short notice but it was determined it was an opportunity to take advantage of people traveling to the prison for the execution scheduled that night at 6pm. We are in hopes of a stay but expect that to be in the 11th hour.
         Please come if you can. We need to end state sanctioned killing as well as nation sanctioned killing like the war. We need to refuse to allow such thinking whether on a local, state or national level.
         See invite below. I will be calling you to follow up. Let me know if you have any questions.
         Miriam, G-ville Citizens for Alternative to the Death Penalty

      Greetings!

      On Thursday November 15th, Gainesville will be hosting a Northeast
      Florida regional strategy meeting for groups and individuals
      interested in ending the death penalty in Florida, whether you have
      been active in the anti-death penalty movement in the past or not.
      This is a chance for networking, sharing about the work we have been
      doing, discussing opportunities in Florida, and strategizing about
      future actions.

      LOCATION: Westminster Presbyterian Church (the building closest to
      34th street), 1521 NW 34th St., Gainesville, FL 32605
      DATE: Thursday, November 15th, 2007
      TIME:  2pm - 4pm
      FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Mark Elliott of Floridians for
      Alternatives to the Death Penalty (727) 215-9646
      --------------

      Over 4,000 groups, faith communities, and local governments endorse a
      moratorium on executions! Has YOURS?  Get a sample resolution at
      www.ejusa.org

      Jeanne Rewa
      Organizer/Writer
      Equal Justice USA