Community Coalition (CCAWT)

  • elizhwrd
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2004
      Hi Code Pink Women -Thursday evening 12/2 was the regular meeting of
      CCAWT, with some of the energy coming back, about half a dozen people
      attending. Regular sign-holding continues on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at
      13th and University 3PM to 5PM. We were planning toward January 20,
      with brainstorming. There will be a small CCAWT notice in the program
      for the Solstice Concert (Dec 21) and also perhaps a handout asking
      for ideas and participation for a January 20 action in Gainesville.
      The solstice concert will be a good place for networking. Next CCAWT
      meeting will be Thursday January 6 and the Coalition is hoping that
      more groups will be represented. The Coalition is very aware of Code
      Pink and our activities. January 17 is Martin Luther King Day (a good
      adtivity to attend) and we should try hard to plan on January 6 so
      that we can have an action here on January 20 for people who can't go
      to D.C. There were some interesting ideas, including a counter-
      inauguaration, a footstep project,mannequin body parts, and saddles
      on (sawhorses?) to represent how we're saddling the future with debt.
      So please calendar Thursday January 6 at 7PM - probably in a room at
      the library as CCAWT is losing its meeting place due to destruction
      of the building. More later. Elizabeth