Re: [codepinkgainesville] Hi CodePINK Sisters - Linda!

  • Jacqueline Betz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      Re: [codepinkgainesville] Hi CodePINK Sisters - Linda!
      Hi Linda,
        I'll help with the tabling at the Vets for Peace event Dec. 21 with you.  I talked with Julie the other day and she thought tea and lemonade would conflict with their drink fundraising.  So, I'm thinking we will need the buttons to sell.  What else do you have to put on the table for CodePINK?  Do you have any literature or buttons, etc. left over from the SOA? How many buttons can you make for the $28.75 you have?  Any other suggestions?
        I was thinking of having a generic CodePINKgainesville business card made up that has the Codepink philosophy (abbreviated version!) on it and the org website and the yahoogroups address.
        I was also going to call United for Peace this morning and order 50 yellow ribbon car magnets that say "Bring the Troops Home Now" with a peace sign - they cost $2 each and sell for $3 each or donation (I saw a boy scout troop at the crafts fair Sunday selling the "Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon magnets for $5 as a fundraiser).  Let me know what you think.
        Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
      Peace,
      Jackie
      From: "Jacqueline Betz" <jacquebetz@...>
      Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:56:21 -0500
      To: "Linda Pollini" <thirdeyegrafix@...>, "codepinkgainesville" <codepinkgainesville@yahoogroups.com>

      Hi Linda CodePINK Sisters,
       Hope all's well from the weekend.  Julie, Vets for Peace, stopped over when she got back from the SOA and said, thankfully, it didn't rain during the tabling and there were about 16,000 there.  WOW! So, Linda, hope you were in the pink up there!
       I asked Julie if there were tables available for the Tuesday, December 21 Vets for Peace Benefit Concert at the Thomas Center and she said she was waiting to hear from a couple of last year's groups that had tables, and we were 2nd on a waiting list.  She suggested  you, Linda, talk to Caron Cadle, who has a 6 ft. table space reserved and ask for a couple feet of that if at all possible....
       I thought I'd could ask Bob Tancig of FCPJ if Caron needs all her space.  Julie was waiting to hear from Chas of Vegetarian network -- I thought, too, I  may ask him if I can sell tea, coffee, pink lemonade at his booth for CodePINK.  Any other ideas?  Let me know if you can help with tabling Dec 21 - provided we get a space!
       CodePINK (www.codepinkalert.org <http://www.codepinkalert.org> ) (store) has a new t-shirt -- a long sleeved black one with CodePINK Women for Peace written on the front in fushia.  I was thinking of ordering a dozen; they'd make great gifts and now 'tis the season.  Would anyone with Codepink here in Gainesville want to buy one?    Also, United for Peace (www.unitedforpeace.org <http://www.unitedforpeace.org> ) , the umbrella organization for the January 20 counter inauguration (as well as other actions in NYC and DC) has a new yellow ribbon magnet out that says: "Bring the Troops Home Now" with a peace symbol.  Would any one here in Gainesville want to buy one for $3?  I put a call in to see what a quantity of those would cost for CodePINK gainesville group.    I was also thinking we should have a donation jar for medicine for Fallujah refugees, if nothing else, at the Dec. 21 Vets for Peace Benefit Concert.
       Do you know of any other events we could have a fund raising table at?
      There was an e-mail from CodePINK Central regarding emergency fundraising for Fallujah refugees today.  If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll forward it to you.  Would you like to do something for these refugees?

      Peace,
      Jackie
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.  It can only be achieved by understanding."-A.Einstein

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297r1ulq/M=313392.5592339.6657265.5263583/D=groups/S=1705658866:HM/EXP=1101304810/A=2392336/R=1/SIG=12a8adnvj/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/4708-23951-1039-8?mpt=1101218410405818>

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Linda Pollini
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
        Re: [codepinkgainesville] Hi CodePINK Sisters - Linda! Hi Jackie,
           I can make 100 buttons at a cost of $30. so that is what I was planning. You can have the overage for future Code Pink events. I do have some flyers for the Code Pink event in Washington for the table too, at the Solstice. I will be mostly busy with selling bumper stickers for the Green Party. They really take up most of the space, so Code Pink info. and buttons will just be a small part of the whole table.
           That's about it.
           Peace,
               Linda

        From: "Jacqueline Betz" <jacquebetz@...>
        Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:56:21 -0500
        To: "Linda Pollini" <thirdeyegrafix@...>, "codepinkgainesville" <codepinkgainesville@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129cq95g2/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705658866:HM/EXP=1101906963/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12icnl7oc/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1101820563039345>

        Yahoo! Groups Links